Tuesday, October 23, 2012

CNT Halloween Nail Art Challenge: Pumpkins

       It is time to post another mani for the Halloween Nail Art Challenge that is being put on by the Facebook group, Crumpet's Nail Tarts.  I threw this mani together at the last minute last night so I don't really have too much to say about it except that I really like the way that it turned out!  I think it is very simple, cute, and different.  All though I haven't looked at everyone else's manis so I could be wrong about the unique look.  I did forget to leave my accent nail blank while painting the orange, so the Black Creme is over a layer of orange, but Wet N Wild's Black Creme is opaque in one coat anyways.  :-)  Napping before mani-ing is dangerous.  ;-)

Base coat: Sally Hansen Triple Strong Advanced Gel Nail Fortifier
Base color: Citrine from Sinful Colors - 1 coat, Black Creme from Wet N Wild - 1 coat
Over Citrine I layered one Layer of Serena and Chloe from Sinful Colors.  I wanted to do both layers in Serena and Chloe but I was afraid it would photograph more red than orange.
Pumpkins:  A mixture of Crimson Red, Lemon Yellow, and Titanium White acrylic paint from Artist's Loft applied with a dotting tool
Stems: A mixture of Viridian acrylic paint from Artist's loft and my franken orange, applied with a small detail brush
Face: Lamp Black acrylic paint from Artist's Loft, applied with a small detail brush
Top coat: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat

Taken inside without flash










Thanks for stopping by and do feel free to leave some comment love, or creative criticism.

Check out the other pumpkin nails below!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment